Saturday, June 2, 2012

This picture is so old - 4 years and it feels like it has been about that long since I posted. The new version of this picture would have Beatrice milking along side with me and Baxter holding out a cup to be filled with warm milk.  I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this little monster of a blog that I created. I tend not to post as I'd rather participate in my life than record it, but then again I have moments when I really do feel that what we do here on the farm is a dying art yet so many people are yearning to read about it and learn more and connect more. So here I am, trying to share.

What does a farm wife do? I ask this question to my compatriots and they laugh at the myriad things on our to do lists.  Here are the things that I've been doing: trips to the dmv to register our new delivery truck, driving our daughter to school & other school things: play and summer birthday celebration, milking a few mornings a week, bringing the kids to the farmers market so they can be good customers for anyone who has any prepared food, trying to get us signed up for a new farmers market, accounting, finalizing csa memberships and tracking membership payments, sending out csa newsletters complete with link to new recipe blog(!), popping in to lend a hand to the crew when I get a chance, hosting a once a week playgroup in our children's garden.... Sitting inside while it is sunny and dry out trying to wrap up computer work when I really should save it for when the kids are asleep. So here I go to get out into that sunshine!
Have any burning questions about farm life? I'd be so curious, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments: