Monday, March 16, 2009

Baxter Lee is Here!


Finally, here we are to announce the arrival of Baxter (born Jan 26th 9:30pm), now that he is about 6 weeks old.  (I guess this is our cyberspace version of the old-time practice of "churching" or bringing the baby out after 40 days). I had started on his birth story but I finally realized that was going to take  a while to finish so I should keep on posting in the meantime. Also, our camera is unfortunately our of batteries so we are low on pictures. We're working on that - for our friends and family who are still waiting to see how cute he is. 
I won't go into the whole story now, but his birth was a bit of a challenge in the sense that it was a lot of hard work - 9lb baby boy from little 5 foot me! Yikes! The labor was about 9 hours, pushing for 3.5. Uhg. Powerful stuff! I was so glad to be home and had the wonderful support of my midwife Elayne, our doula Sarah and friend Rachel... and of course Dan and Bea. Baxter is a hearty, beautiful little guy.
So now we have pretty much adjusted to life as a family of four and spring is on it's way. Hooray!

3 comments:

robiko said...

Congratulations Tracy, Dan and Bea! He is lovely!

Much love,
Robin

Unknown said...

Great news! Since January I've been checking in frequently to see if the 'Still Waiting' post would be updated! I've been afraid to ask. Such a relief! Congratulations! Welcome!

Josh in NOLA said...

Exciting. Baxter Lee is a great name and he sounds like he's going to be big enough to ride pigies in no time.
My love to you all. - Josh