Monday, March 31, 2008

Flood Waters Receeding?

Well, hopefully my quandry about the drive to the warm will be over soon. The flood has gone down a bit and now we are able to drive the truck through. I'm still waiting and looking forward to the first chance to pull on my tall wellies and walk down, not to mention pull out the bike and our "peapod" trailer for the season.

Fortunately or unfortunately (as my friend Duffy always used to say) Dan had a Judo injury last week. He was thrown close to the edge of the mat and his heel landed on the hard wood floor. We was pretty much out of commission for the week. I got to do all the milking and most of the other farm chores for the week and it was great for me. Ever since Bea was born I've been disconnected from the farm. It has been strange to not even know where certain crops are in the fields. So this week got me back in the swing of things. Dan was home with Bea; she was no longer my first priority while I was at the farm. Having a baby at the farm isn't that easy. I suppose there are lots of women who put their kids in the backpack and get to work, but for some reason that never really worked for me. Now that Bea is more independent (she has no fear or inhibitions about doing things at the farm - collecting eggs, feeding animals, etc. & chasing her beloved cats) and is totally comfortable at the farm I'm hoping that I'll be able to work more. Last week I could freely go about my work. It felt great. I think Dan enjoyed it too.

No comments: